DJ FRESH VS JAY FAY DIBBY DIBBY SOUND ft MS DYNAMITE


After 15 years in the drum 'n' bass game and having created some of the genre's most popular tunes, it's fair to say DJ Fresh ruffled a few feathers when he decided to go electro-reggae-hip-hop on last year's Diplo-assisted 'Earthquake'. He'd sold out, apparently, although he was quick to silence the cynics when we spoke to him about it, insisting: "I feel like I'm in a place where I can make whatever sort of sound I want."

For his follow-up, he's teamed up with 19-year-old US producer Jay Fay and re-worked his original 'Dibby Dibby Sound' into three and a half minutes of stomping electro-bass. "Shout it out, put up your hands high," guest singer Ms Dynamite chants over a pulsing bounce before a head-spinning chorus drops that harks back to Basement Jaxx. Its immediate rush wears off soon enough, but nonetheless, this brash and bolshy piece of carnival pop is the sound of a man who's very much large and in charge.

authored by robert copsey digitalspy.com                          msdynamite.co.uk

0 comments:

Post a Comment